Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My little project


Some time late last year the Classic Car Club wanted me to manage their website in the absence of their administrator. I turned it down as I didn't know how to do anything website related. The aim is to practice between my blog and Yola to perfect web design. So far the site is just meh..... really basic and lacking inspiration. My original plan was to do a flash page, but my flash lessons aren't doing so well.

The plan is to start out with Yola and see how far I can go, get some inspiration and what not. The final stages may [or may not] see a switch to full html. At the end the site should be regularly updated as well as be more appealing to the eye than the previous site.


As said before I'm a noob at this. All comments and suggestions are welcome. But here is a to do list:
  • Background image
  • New header
  • Refining of the forum
  • Addition of more tabs some dedicated to the history of the club as well as pictures of past events and information on future events
  • Inclusion of a tracker so as to report back to the club of traffic
There are more suggestions to add but my mind is blank right now. The aim is to finish this before August [right before school starts]. It would be good to have it up by July though, near to the time of the annual car show. Looking forward to the comments and ideas ppl are willing to contribute. Latr

Update: So I got hand of this new flash template site and I've been messing around with it. Showed my father and said I should try my hand at making a site for him...... extra money for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...